
2-29-08

2-14-09
...Maxx's first birthday. We will celebrate on Saturday the 28th since there is no 29th this year. It is hard to believe that almost a year ago to the day I was at a basketball game in Hutch watching the South girls lose at sub-state and Amber was telling me how I shouldn't be that far away from home in case I go into labor. I assured her that I was fine and we got home at around 10-10:30 and I went to bed. Woke up at 11:45 to go to the bathroom and my water broke. After a shower and Dave getting stuff ready, we headed to the hospital and the next day at 1:30pm, Maxx David Arthur was born and in our arms. It was heaven. It still is...he is incredible.
So, here I am getting ready to celebrate his big day. The place is booked, invites made and mailed out, party favors bought, balloons ordered, shirt made, pinata awaiting candy, cake waiting to be practiced and food waiting to be picked up. My parents are coming down on Friday afternoon-can't wait and we will go get the rest of what I need for Saturday. I am excited to have them here-last time they were here was when Maxxi was born. So, it will be nice and mama is going to give me a massage using the raindrop technique that uses lots of essential oils and is supposed to relax and "de-stress" me. Can't wait for that and I hope it works!
So, now I am off to make Maxx's time capsule or to sit and stare at it trying to decide what to do. I will probably end up making it the day of and yelling at myself for not doing it sooner...
2 comments:
so sweet! I love it when birthdays are fully celebrated, they should be! Happy Birthday Maxx!
OMG, Maxx is almost ONE!!! I can't believe it. He is so darn handsome, such a big boy sitting in that chair.
I can't wait to see all of the bday photos.
And I can't wait to see ya again in Texas ;)
Post a Comment