3.27.2009

Lots of catching up...

...First, I love this photo...we walked to the park the other day. It was very warm out and the park was packed. So, we walked there and walked right back home. Maxx enjoyed the ride.


...Maxx's party was great. Glad it's over, but wish my mama and John didn't have to go. I really hate being so far away from them. Hate it for me and Maxx. Need to get his thank you cards out on Monday...wanted to do something different, but computer is not cooperating so I think I will have to give up on them and just do normal ones.


...Dave's birthday was good. He spent the whole day on the couch watching basketball and playing with Maxxi. I had to work in the afternoon, but I came home with an ice cream cake so I don't think he minded that I was gone! 32...he is old and has the gray hair to prove it. Just don't tell him I said that...oh wait-he knows! :)

...Maxx started walking on the 23rd!! He took a few steps on Feb 13th, but didn't really want to stay at it. He does about half and half with walking and crawling now. It's the cutest thing see his wobbly legs going across the floor. After all, he is the cutest boy ever so how could it not be cute, right?!? (yes, he likes to stick his finger in his nose...what little kid doesn't!)



...basketball is over with for Dave so he is enjoying some quiet time at work. Maxx and I are enjoying it also since he doesn't have to work in the evening from home anymore. It's nice. Maxx loves watching basketball on tv so, the tournament is his fave time of year. He will stand at the tv and just watch forever...I think we have the next JJ Redick in our midst. Dave would say Dwight Howard though and truly I don't care as long as he is good! :)


...I worked a ton over spring break. It was alright. Realized that I am getting old, too though. Probably won't work 4 days in a row anymore. BUT...

...Dave received word Monday that his company is issuing pay cuts across the board. That means a 7.5% cut for Dave which is not good considering we cut extras so that I could stay home. And with me not having kids this summer, it looks like I will be getting a full time job in the evenings starting asap. Wish the economy would turn around and quick although I know it won't.

...Dave has started the application process again. It's the time of year when the jobs that he wants come open so we are praying that he gets the break that he so well deserves. It would be nice for our family after all we have been through.

...I have been busy scrapping with whatever time I have between the kids and work. Finishing up a book that a lady had ordered from me quite a few months ago. Glad to be getting that done. Also, the new prompt for Category Stories comes out on April 1st. Don't forget to check it out and play along! Here is my latest layout for Survivor or The Office really over at Tally. I won some new Lily Bee...like it, but I need the bird line...I am in love with birds lately.


...Oh and the best news as of late...OUR CARPET IS IN!! After a horrible fiasco last week, it is in and looks great except for the plate they put down going into the kitchen to seam the carpet and tile. It looks stupid and it made me angry, but mom assured me that John can fix it. I am thankful for him and all his handiness.

...Dave was going to go up to Fremont tomorrow, but the weather is not cooperating. Blizzard conditions...yeah, not good for driving. So, he won't be doing that and instead we will enjoy a nice, quiet weekend at home. It is much needed and well deserved.

xoxo...gossip girl, I mean, breann.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

i see that he is studying the likes of cole aldrich...good player to study as i imagine maxx is going to be really tall!

ChristyR said...

love that he likes basketball. good luck to dave!!