5.27.2008

Continuing with firsts...

...Maxx slept in his crib last night for the first time. As funny as it sounds, I had a hard time with him being two rooms away and at the back of the house while our room is at the front. I had to check on him a few times and have Dave check a couple times just to make sure that he was OK...and yes we had the monitor on...but I think that is what bothered me more because I couldn't hear anything so I thought for sure he had rolled over onto his stomach and buried his head in the mattress so he couldn't breathe! This was one of the times that Dave went to "test" out the monitor so that I could verify that if Maxx made a sound, I could hear it...so I heard, "I love you, Maxx" come softly and ever so sweetly through the walkie talkie and it eased my fear for a split second...and we made it safe and sound through night number one in his crib.

1 comment:

Minda said...

Life with a child is a long series of facing each fear bravely, and you will have many. Bravely doesn't mean without fear, it means in spite of the fear. Every day is a miracle of things not gone wrong and at some point when they are two or three you will stop thinking that disaster will befall them at every turn. You will start realizing they have as much a chance at surviving as you, and you will relax a bit. Breathe in, breathe out.

I love watching you guys be parents, you are so amazing!